Director of Children’s Catechesis Sought
Holy Cross Parish, South Bend, is seeking a part-time Director of Children’s Catechesis. The current enrollment is 55 children from 37 families. The Director of Children’s Catechesis is a practicing Catholic who is responsible for the coordination, communication, and implementation of catechesis of children ages 3 through grade 8 and high school Confirmation candidates in the parish. The primary approach for catechesis of children ages 3-12 at Holy Cross is Catechesis of the Good Shepherd (CGS), a Montessori-based approach to the formation of children. In addition to CGS, the Director of Children’s Catechesis will support middle school catechesis, parent formation, homeschooling catechesis, school sacramental preparation, and catechesis for children with developmental differences and disabilities.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in the teachings of the Church and demonstrate competency in administration, communication, pastoral care, and educational leadership.
- Practicing Catholic
- Bachelor’s degree in Theology, Education or a related field
- Completed CGS Catechist Formation in levels I, II and II, or willingness to complete CGS formation
- Master’s degree in Theology, Education or a related field
- Three or more years in catechetical ministry or the equivalent
- Experience as a catechist in a CGS atrium
- Some proficiency in Spanish
Please send cover letter and resume to Fr. Jim Fenstermaker, C.S.C., at firstname.lastname@example.org
by June 15, 2020.