Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit, and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism, we are freed from sin and reborn as children of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and shares in her mission. (CCC 1213).
Infant Baptism is for children from birth to age seven. Baptisms are typically celebrated once a month at designated Masses. Family or private baptisms are also available upon request.
Requirements for Parents:
- At least one parent must be Catholic.
- Parents must be registered parishioners at Holy Cross.
- All first-time parents (baptizing their first child) and new parishioner parents must participate in our pre-baptism formation program prior to having your child baptized.
Requirements for Godparents:
- At least one godparent is required. This person must be at least 16 years old and a confirmed Catholic who lives their faith and is willing to accept the responsibility of supporting their godchild in the Catholic faith.
- If there are two godparents, one must be male and one must be female.
For more information on baptizing a child at Holy Cross, please contact Fr. Jim Fenstermaker, CSC at (574) 233-2179 Ext. 113 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Youth and Adult Baptism
Children ages seven and older and adults, who have not been baptized, are eligible to join the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA) program offered by the parish. RCIA will prepare them for full initiation into the Catholic Church.
For more information on the RCIA program, please contact Fr. Jim Fenstermaker, C.S.C.
(574) 233-2179 or by email email@example.com.