Hallow is a Catholic meditation and prayer app for your phone that combines the peace and stillness of mindfulness meditation with the spiritual growth of Catholic prayer. From meditations on the daily Gospel or the mysteries of the Rosary, to “praylist” on themes ranging from joy, hope, calm and letting go, to multi-day “challenges” that focus on digging deeper into the Our Father, the Stations of the Cross, and the psalms, Hallow has something for everyone.
The app is free to download and has free content updated daily. If you decide to upgrade to a paid, premium
subscription you can receive a discount of 20%. Part of the subscription price will also directly support Holy Cross
Parish. You can register at Hallow by entering “holycross” at www.hallow.app/register, or by downloading Hallow from the app store on your smart phone. Join the thousands already using Hallow for your reflections on the daily
Gospel, the Rosary, spiritual meditations, and much more.
To support you during the coronavirus crises, Hallow is offering:
- Free content: There is a permanently free version of the app, but we support ourselves by offering an
upgraded premium version. During this crisis we have extended the free trial period of our premium content
from 7 days to 3 months.
- Spiritual Communion: Though of course not a replacement for receiving the physical Sacrament, we have launched a session meditating on the prayer for spiritual communion for the many who are separated from Mass.
- Lenten Meditations: We currently have over 10,000 users praying with our #pray40 challenge, featuring
daily meditations on the Works of Mercy, the Rosary, the Stations of the Cross, and much more.
- Stuck at Home Praylist: We just released a new 15+ session “Stuck at Home” praylist with prayers focused
the power of prayer, healing, and trusting in God’s will. We will also be launching a #pray19 healing
community challenge for COVID-19 to begin after our #pray40 Lenten challenge.
- Remote Community Connection: We’re in the midst of developing functionality within the app to allow users to create groups (parishes, families, prayer groups) to stay connected with their communities of faith.
- Live Prayer Community: We are hosting live prayer sessions every day on Facebook at 8p CT (as well as
10a CT on Sunday).